After the "Sin".
After the “Sin”.
Repent and “Be Saved”!
She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either”. Go. From now on do not sin any longer. (John 8:11)
But I say, walk (live) by the Spirit, and you will not gratify (obey) the desires of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
We All Have Sinned. “Now What”?
We can “sin longer”, or we “cannot sin longer”.
Now, we Exercise the Freedom we have from the “Power of Sin”.
Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, “go and commit adultery no longer”.
Two Examples of the Life of the Kingdom Citizen, “After the Sin”.
King David – David committed adultery and had the woman’s husband murdered when he found out that she was pregnant. David paid a great price for the sin. Never again do we read where David did this sin again. He went his way and sinned no more; chances are he committed other sins before he died; but not the sins of adultery and murder. He repented.
Peter – One of Jesus’ most active and outspoken of His Followers; shortly after stating that he would die for Jesus, he “Denied Three Times that he even Knew Jesus”. Picture that, “denying that you know Christ because you are scared”. This is a great sin; Jesus said, if you deny me before men I will deny you before my father. Peter was sorrowful, repentant; he never denied knowing Jesus again and he did die for him.
After the sin, “Now What”?
Am I “sorrowful and repentant” or “do I plan to go sin some more”?
Why not sin some more? It’s pleasurable, I enjoy it, it makes me feel good. Jesus has already died for my sins, so I am still going to heaven because I said I believe. Remember, God is “Not Mocked”, we all will reap what we sow, no one makes a fool out of God. Sincerity and truth must guide our actions to count with God.
Ask God to Bless You with the Wisdom to
Repent and be Saved; to Live by the Spirit, which is Freedom from the Sinful Self,
this is what we should do “After The Sin”.
Comments
Post a Comment